Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational residential schools primarily for the children from rural areas which aim at :
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure and physical education to the talented children from the rural areas. Students in the Navodaya Vidyalayas are admitted in Class-VI and provided education upto Class-XII. Now provision is made for lateral entry of students in Class-IX & XI also.
- To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement in the quality of school education through sharing of experience and facilities.
- We envisage identification and development of talented bright and gifted children predominantly from rural areas who are denied good educational opportunities.
- Objectives of quality education are sought to be fulfilled through effective academic, co-curricular and adventure activities, physical education, reasonable level of competency in three languages.
- We aim at the respective districts as focal points for improving quality of education through sharing of experience and facilities with continuous interaction with local community and helping these institutions to develop as centres of academic excellence.
- To serve the objectives of excellence coupled with equity and social justice.
- To promote national integration by providing opportunities to talented children, largely rural, from different part of the country, to live and learn together and develop their full potential.
- To provide good quality modern education, including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education.
- To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competence in three language as envisaged in the Three Language Formula; and
- To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in quality of school education through sharing of experiences and facilities.
Reservation for Rural, S.C., S.T. and Girl Student
Admissions in Jawahar Novodaya Vidyalayas primarily for children from the rural areas, with provision of 75% seats for rural children. Seats are reserved for children from the SC and ST communities in proportion to their population in the district but not less than the national average. 1/3 of the seats are for girl students. 3% of the seats are for disabled children.Co-educational